There have been many on-going updates regarding Iowa’s response to COVID-19. Updates and information is continuously being provided through the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Iowa Department of Human Services, Child Care Resource and Referral, and Iowa Workforce Development. To stay informed with the most current information the following websites are the best resources available with data-informed and current information:
- Updates from IDPH regarding Novel Coronavirus
- Updates and Guidance from IDPH for Family Support Programs
- Updates and Child Care Availability Map from the Iowa Department of Human Services
- Child Care Guidance from Child Care Resource and Referral
- Temporary Job Opportunities and Updates from Iowa Department of Workforce Development
- Print Resources from the CDC
Internet and Data Access
Knowing that some families may have limited data packages with their mobile carriers, programs may need to assist families in accessing expanded services. The Federal Communication Commission’s Keep America Connected Pledge has more than 60 companies signed on to help low-income people avoid service disruptions during the COVID-19 emergency.
Self Care Resources
- Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19 | CDC
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 (Coronavirus): A Parent Resource
- Managing Stress and Anxiety – COVID-19 (General recommendations with sub-population guidance)
ACEs Connection has developed this guide for providing telehealth during the COVID-19 crisis, including technology you can use, legal considerations, and best practices for conducting sessions.